Beckham has a packet of assignments and Hayden had to check his schoology account for his work and due dates. All the boys' other extracurriculars also started up: Piano, soccer and both days of Karate (plus extra days of activities). We maintained the art and zoo sessions on zoom, when the boys had time and interest.
Last week, we said goodbye to my VP on Webex, and I had my book club and Huddle group on zoom. The boys each had social time on Zoom and Messenger Kids through the week. We've established 4pm as social hour to create some schedule and limit to screen and social time.
We are finding the work week more exhausting, switching right from finishing work to preparing for dinner. Sitting in one spot was getting tiring, so by Thursday, I started standing at our kitchen bar. By Friday, we are toast and ready for the weekend. This Friday, it was nice enough for a short walk, before a very late dinner of pizza and salad.
On Saturday, I tried to go to Costco to stock up for more than 1 week, but I was deterred by the line waiting and winding around the parking lot and to Mike's Car Wash. I went back to Whole Foods, where I have been going. Normally, I go right at opening, and found it a little more crowded than I would have liked. Many people had masks and gloves, but seeing them holding their phones (!!) touching food did not seem the most sanitary. Others were talking on phones without masks on, over produce. Neither seemed to be the best habits to really contain any germs. These days, I find myself looking through the glass, deciding exactly the 1 item I will touch, before I open and get it. Meanwhile I still see people touching multiple things. These days, I don't touch my phone or keys at all, while in the store. I keep one hand clean so I can pay using apple pay (so I don't have you use my credit card or sign anything). It's amazing how many things we can potentially touch, when you really think about it.
We got to see a few friends Saturday. I dropped something off at one friend's house, after they gifted us with some haiku on Friday. We chatted through their open window. Another friend is organizing a neighborhood-wide collection of snacks for health care workers, so I picked a drop off point of our friends and got to catch up a little bit with them.
It was also Maya's 10th birthday, so we brought over a present and chatted with Michelle and the girls for a little bit. We tried to FaceTime by calling Jason, and caught him working at the hospital, covered with gear!
We also celebrated with Ben and Ashley, virtually. It was supposed to be a baby shower at their place until the shelter in place order, so we did FaceTime with them.

Hayden and I baked a Peanut Butter cream, chocolate icebox cake. The boys made Easter eggs using wooden eggs. We are hoping to hide them around the neighborhood for an Easter Egg hunt. I also made wonton dumplings and cut the boys' hair (seen in the photo of Hayden holding his cake)
I'm still making my Lego crayons. My fingers are pruney but it's a simple distraction throughout the week. I've run out of crayons, however. I am wondering people would be interested in buying them, maybe for their kids for Easter?

















No comments:
Post a Comment