Thursday, October 18, 2012

Two Months Already?!

Yesterday marked two months of living in Geneva.  It feels as if we have been here longer, with all that we have seen and done.  Last Saturday, October 13th, we took a day trip to Chamonix.  Wow, this winter is going to be fun, with some of the best skiing just 1 hour away!  Hayden is excited to learn and is already asking if it is winter.  He tells people, "Dad is going to teach me to ski, tomorrow."  I have to keep reminding him that first, it will be Fall and the weather will get colder, but soon, it will be winter and cold enough to go skiing.  We will be staying in the area for the holidays, and Marty has been on the hunt for a good place to good place to go where we can introduce Hayden to the slopes!
This is the lift that we took up the mountain



 I couldn't go too far because we had Beckham in the stroller.  And these are iPhone pictures, so they don't do the view justice!  Marty and Hayden hiked around for a bit.  If you look closely, they are the little specks in the picture.  Hayden has also told us that he is big enough to go "parachuting" because he has big shoes.  :)





 We have had some pretty brisk mornings.  Just the other day, it was 2 Celsius (about 36 F) - BRR! So I have pulled out the hats and pants for Beckham...yes pants.  Beckham is such a warm body that, until now, if I put pants on him, he would get too hot.




I caught a little thumb sucking action the other day.  I am pretty sure he sucked his thumb in the womb, because it was one of the first things he did when he was born.  But we have been using a pacifier for him because I figure, it's easier to take that away and easier to keep clean while we're out and about.  Still, I think its pretty cute when he finds his thumb and have been tempted to let him do it so he can self-soothe.

Hayden has been doing well in school and has seemed to start to comprehend when his teacher, Ms. Camille, says something in French.  They say, first, it is comprehension, and then comes the speaking in French.  Typically at this age, they can only switch between languages and can't really translate like adults can.  There goes my hopes for Hayden to be our translator - because I am certain he will be better than we will be!  So, it was fun to hear him start saying a few things in French.  Unprompted, he started counting and he is calling his stuffed animal a "dou dou," (with a little French accent) like they do at school. 


So the big news this week is my mom has arrived for a couple weeks!  She was happy to see how big Beckham had gotten, because he was so tiny and skinny when he was born.  Beckham loved seeing "Pau Pau" and was very chatty with her!  It's the most he has talked and it was very cute!


Hayden continues to be such an awesome big brother.  He asks to take pictures with Beckham.  The other day, he shared Mickey Mouse.  I turned around and there was Beckham with his arm around Mickey.  We took a picture and afterwards, Hayden said "I have the best smile, don't I Mom?"  Yes you do and I love your sweet little heart too!





 Marty is on a global tour!  A couple weeks ago, he went to Beijing.  Yesterday, he left for Morocco.  For Fall Break, we go to Paris.  And then after that, he goes to India (Delhi to be specific, and is it bad that I read it in my head as "Dell-Hi" like the west side of town near Cincinnati??  Yes, I think so!)

  We are very excited about our trip to Paris!  We are taking Hayden to Disney for the first time and I think he will LOVE it! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment