Monday, November 5, 2012
Trusting...
I have been in a contemplative mood this past week. I think it is a combination of my grandmother's passing and learning that a friend is about to lose his wife and mother of their little girl, yet continues to put his trust in God and faith in the power of His will and the prayers of those around him. It made me think of this verse/song that I pinned.
Not surprising, as I get older, sickness and death have started to hit closer to home. No longer are they just distant stories in the news. My heart goes out to those who are going through it. At the same time, I feel tremendously blessed, yet equally nervous - especially now that I have two little boys.
Despite it all, when those raindrops do pass through my life, I can truly look back and see how God's hand was in that moment, with the clarity of the trajectory it would take my life. My first company going through major downsizing after 9/11, led me to move to Cincinnati and get married. Nervously leaving a great company to take a job at P&G, prepared us for this international move. Even something as small as choosing French in high school - which until a few months ago, I have always regretted choosing over Spanish - I now see that God had this chapter of my life in mind.
And I think about my friend, who posted a request for prayers on Facebook, and how it has touched my life and how I am sure it is touching others - reminding me that life is so precious, reminding me to be thankful and find joy, regardless of the day I'm having. Reminding me to hug my children extra tight and enjoy the time I can spend with them. And reminding me to trust in the power of prayer, which I continue to do several times a day for him and his family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment