Today is Christmas! This morning, my boys both woke up at 7 am, and I fought off the desire to go back to sleep and got up to play with Hayden (as requested). As we were playing, I told him that today was a special day. To which he replied, "Is it Christmas?" When I confirmed it was, he put his fists in the air and said "YES! That means I get to open my presents!" (which started to appear under the tree yesterday) But then he asked me to continue to play with him in his room, with his cars and legos, rather than rushing up to see what new toys awaited him under the tree.
For the past few years, we have kept the "presents" part of Christmas pretty low key. Instead of a tree brimming with presents, we have given Hayden just a handful. This year especially, we have talked about it being Jesus' birthday and the gift that He has given to us. This year, he also learned about
O come let us adore HimO come let us adore HimO come let us adore HimChrist the LordFor You alone are worthyFor You alone are worthyFor You alone are worthyChrist the LordWe'll give You all the gloryWe'll give You all the gloryWe'll give You all the gloryChrist the Lord
It is a balmy 55 degrees here in Geneva today. I was hoping to get a little bit of snow, but thankfully, we were able to enjoy TONS of snow last week. We went an hour into France to Les Gets for the week, renting a chalet with another family (also here in Geneva, from Cincinnati.) We had so much fun, enjoying some major snowfall (about 20in) and teaching Hayden to ski. He did really well and enjoyed taking lessons and getting on the hills. Every time he fell, he would just laugh. One afternoon, we had the sitter watch Beckham while the three of us went to ski. I was amused by how comfortable Hayden was, even in all his ski gear. He easily walked of the moving escalator, and jumped in an out of the moving lift. He did it like a pro, while I gingerly stepped over everything in my stiff ski boots.
He did more ski runs than I did and it was so much fun to see how much he enjoyed it. We will definitely be going back!
Last night, we went to church for the Christmas Eve service and tonight, we've been invited to a fellow expat's house for Christmas dinner. Hopefully, we will be able to get on Skype with various family today and tomorrow.
As I write this, all the boys are napping peacefully (and maybe I'll be able to squeeze one in before the baby wakes up!) It certainly has been a great year and a great Christmas and I continue to feel so thankful - I am so wonderfully blessed to have my husband and boys!














No comments:
Post a Comment