The weather has been really nice with low humidity. Last Sunday afternoon, we went to California Woods Nature Preserve for a short hike.
On Tuesday, we celebrated Marty's birthday. He took the boys to piano lessons, so as soon as my last meeting was done, at 4:50, I raced to get everything set up and dinner started, before he got back. Decorations were up and everything was in the oven in 15 min. We had breakfast for dinner: eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, fresh fruit and chocolate chip pancakes. For dessert, since Marty doesn't like cake, we had ice cream cones.
Our routine has gotten a bit busier with the added activities outside of the house. Beckham still has karate each day, Hayden takes a dribble up class most days, the boys are back to in-person piano lessons on Tuesdays, and we have tennis Mondays and Wednesdays. We are still trying to figure out what the best child care solution is for us, when we have to go back to work and when the school year starts.
The boys have gotten interested in golf. Marty took them last Saturday to the driving range and Wednesday night, we went and played 9 holes. Marty estimated 1 hr. It took 2, and Beckham only hit a couple balls.
Friday, I had book club and we went back to in person. We still kept our distance and had a picnic at Summit Park. It was hot, but in the shade, it was a really nice night for it. The restaurants were open, so half of us grabbed Mexican food from Tahona. It was a great night to catch up! It's amazing that half the group has been part of this book club for nearly 8 years. Debbie (to my left) actually started it with me, Laura, Crissy and a couple others.
Yesterday, we split wood at the house, because they are in the process of grading the property. It ended up being a Parker/Vanderstelt project. It was HOT, but productive. I also took a walk from the house to the elementary school and back. It's about 20 minutes there and back.
Coincidentally, this was posted today.
Today, was Father's Day. I had a plan to get takeout at a particular restaurant, which didn't open until 11. So, we opened gifts first. Then, I went to order and they had decided to close for the day. I assume it was because of Father's Day. So I had to go with Plan B. I ordered Sleepy Bee, we drove downtown to pick it up. I had Marty wear a blindfold to make it a little more of a surprise. Then we went up near the Art Museum for a picnic brunch, followed by a walk around the museum. Of course, Beckham had to go inside. We might have all gone in, but they required marks and Marty didn't have one.
We brought the selfie stick to try and get a (rare) photo of all four of us.
Then, the boys got a hold of the selfie stick...
A quick stop at Eden Park.
It was a full week of celebrations for Marty!


No comments:
Post a Comment