It was a great weekend, following the long first week back from the holidays! On Saturday, we went to Carouge, where there is an open air market every Saturday. We decided to pull out the double stroller - the first or second time we have used it since our big move. While visiting various Christmas markets, we learned that it's a bit tough to keep Hayden from running ahead to other booths, so the stroller worked perfectly! I am a big fan of going to a local market and picking up fresh, local groceries. Here in Geneva and neighboring France, there are tons of markets which stay around all year round. We picked up fresh pasta for the weekend. I was also eyeing a baguette which was too large for us, so the owner offered to cut it in half for me - how nice! We found a little Colombian food booth and had an arepa to share. Marty and I have both been missing Mexican food, so this was a close enough alternative to satisfy the craving!
 |
| Hayden was content watching one of the booths pack up |
On Sunday, we headed back to the French Alps to check out a new area and to scope out logistics for our next "Ski week" when we will be joining with four other families for a week at a chalet (10 adults, 10 children under the age of 10!). The area had gotten three days of fresh snow, so it was gorgeous! My pictures never do justice to the beauty, especially when I just have my little camera and my iPhone.
Last weekend, our schedule did not allow for me to go skiing and so this weekend, after we dropped Hayden off at ski school, I went out to the slopes while Marty stayed with Beckham. I am very much a beginner, so going by myself is a little scary. I worry that I am going to go "off piste" and find myself on a very difficult hill. Thankfully, while I did take an unintended run, it wasn't so bad. I also got to peek in on Hayden, when I skied past his school. I skied for a little over an hour and then relieved Marty.
We didn't know what to expect at the top, so we brought Beckham in the stroller. At the base of the gondola, there was an elevator, but at the top, there were only stairs. And with all the fresh snow, the stroller didn't move too well. It's always the dilemma for us because he stays so warm in his stroller and allows us a way to manage all our gear by using the basket or freeing up hands to manage skis. Perhaps we need to look into ski attachments for the stroller! :)
The restaurant where we stayed - for five hours - was great! The staff was so nice and came to visit Beckham from time to time to say, "Cou cou!" There was also a man with a Buble-esque crooner voice, singing Sinatra, Elton John, Elvis and then "Amazing Grace." His accent was pretty American, but from time to time, you could hear the Frenchman in him, "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a reetch like me!"
 |
| Our drive into town |
 |
| Fresh snow, covering the huge trees! |
 |
| Imagine the views from these apartments/hotels! |
 |
| Hayden's ski school |
 |
| I was impressed by the bowl! |
 |
| So much fresh powder, that I just sank! |
With views like this, it's easy to forget about all the gear and all the schlepping required!
No comments:
Post a Comment