Yesterday was a big day for Hayden - he rode the afternoon bus for the first time! I mentioned in a previous post that I had prepared him on Friday, so he knew what to expect. On Sunday night, I packed a little something in his backpack, for the ride home. Just some of his favorite snacks, some coloring paper, crayons and stickers. When I told him about it on Monday morning, it was tough to keep him from opening it immediately as he has become very fond of opening presents, but he eventually put it back in his backpack.
The driver estimated that he would arrive at 4:36, but he also warned that one of us would likely be waiting for the first day or so, until things were fine tuned. So just around 4:30, I went downstairs and at 4:33, the bus rounded the corner. Hayden was beaming, holding onto his open present. It was just too cute!
This morning, we walked out of our flat to discover it was snowing! It doesn't snow much in Geneva and I learned that snow combined with the morning commute does not mix. It took us twice as long to get anywhere and I was about 45 min late dropping Hayden off at school. The roads were pretty slick on the way into town - I have never slid so much before. Now, combine that with going through a roundabout - my steering wheel felt pretty useless and I am thankful we had enough room between cars to slip, slide and correct!
Because of the icy roads, I decided to change my plans and go to a nearby center where I could park in the garage and run a couple errands.
Manor is like a department store which also owns a grocery store. There are only two in Geneva, and I think it is the nicest grocery store in town. Take, for example, one weekend, when I popped in to get a couple things. They were giving out samples, like they do in the states, but this one stand was in the seafood section, serving what I thought was smoked salmon on toast with a crème fraîche dollop on top. I was already impressed that this was what they were sampling, and then I ate it and discovered it was actually sashimi and not smoked salmon - very fancy indeed!
The quality is the best and the store and presentation is just beautiful. Speaking of sushi, I have been craving it and so I bought some at the store today for a mere price of 23 CHF (~$25)! In the US, sushi at the store would be between $7 - $12. I couldn't help wonder what the prices are here, at a restaurant. We haven't gone out for sushi yet. It did indeed satisfy the craving though!
![]() |
| cone-shaped bags of spices |
Beckham keeps me laughing with his antics and constant chatter. Lately, he has been really vocal and often says, what sounds like "Hey!"
Yesterday, he did a little acrobatics on the Boppy, arching himself upside down. Then, he gave himself a little ab workout by lifting his upper body.
It is apparent by these photos of my boys, that it is time to change out their clothes again. We have noticed Hayden has gone through a growth spurt and all his pants are now too short. It is time to pull out the 4T clothes and fingers crossed, we have enough "uniform" clothes (khakis, white shirts, red sweaters) to get us through this school year! Beckham has been wearing pants that are all too short for him because we only have a few pairs for the 6-9 mo age/size. We apparently kept Hayden "pants-less" at this age! :)












No comments:
Post a Comment