Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Solid Start

I don't know how it's happened, but Beckham is already 7 months old.  More so, he has been getting serious about crawling.  This past week, he started to get on all fours and rock back and forth.  The other day, he got so much momentum that he catapulted himself forward and fell on his face - certainly a shock to the little guy!  He is almost always on his hands and knees and is often found scooting, rotating or rolling around.  I am guessing we will have a crawler in one to two more weeks.






Today, we started Beckham on solids.  I have to admit, I have been delaying the inevitable.  First, I waited until after our December ski trip, then until after our February ski trip.  It's just so much easier without all the extra logistics of having to deal with food.  I also found myself struggling a bit emotionally, with the transition.  I love snuggling with my baby when I feed him and feel so fortunate to have precious moments to do so.  Introducing solids means giving up some of those moments and I haven't felt quite ready for that.  Yet, of course, it is inevitable and as expected, Beckham took to it pretty well and by the second feeding, was eagerly taking food from the spoon like a pro.

We had Hayden give him the first feeding.  Hayden was so excited about it and picked out the bowl that he wanted me to use, then showed it to Beckham.  Hayden is such an amazing big brother and it was so cute to watch him share in this little milestone with Beckham.






1 comment:

  1. Both boys are such cuties! Our pediatrician wanted us to start giving Abigail cereal (4 months) but I don't understand the rush. It's nice to see I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete