Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Inching Forward

Beckham is proving to be just like his brother.  Athletic, fearless and sure to keep me nervous and on my toes!  This past weekend @ 7 months 10 days, Beckham started crawling forward.  Now, he's not crawling all over the place, but he has figured out what to do with his hands and feet. When I put a toy in front of him, he will move hands and knees to move his body forward to get it and then when he gets close enough, he will deadpoint it with great precision.


He is my little explorer and can hardly be contained.  In his play gym he decided one day to play upside down.  The other morning, he leaned so far forward in his seat, that he touched the ground.  And often, right before giving into sleep, he usually is pulling up on the sides of his pack n'play.  I was certain he would soon figure out how to get out (like his brother at 9 months) so tonight, we lowered the bed to the very bottom setting.  With no carpeting, I was worried I would hear a thud in the middle of the night!



Playing until he gave in to sleep


We've had a good week and a half of eating.  So far, we have tried rice cereal, zucchini, butternut squash and avocado.  Beckham devours the avocado and overall has done well.  I'm not quite adjusted to it though.  We are usually out each morning and I have yet to pack food.  So we've primarily had two solid meals a day for lunch and dinner.







We have been having a lot of gray, cold weather lately.  The sun peeked out twice last week and I took advantage of both days, to get out for long walks.  Sunday was one of those days, although it was still pretty cold.  Despite the fun we have been having skiing, I have to admit that I am ready for warm weather and sunshine.


We had fun at a friend's house this morning & Beckham was the recipient of some love from their dog, Henry!  Beckham had no fear nor complaints. I tried not to worry too much about all the kisses, although I am sure there were many to an open mouth.  It did make me miss our dog, Taz though.




What else has been cooking this winter?  I have been attempting to branch out more with our meals, adjusting to the new ingredients and lack of "easy" meals - such as making my own enchilada sauce, experimenting with grains, and making my own bread!  Yes, I baked and Marty tells me it tasted like Macaroni Grill bread.  Menu planning has been fun and it has me stretching out of my comfort zone.  I find we are eating a ton more fruits and veggies, fresher foods and less preservatives.  And we throw less out!  Somehow, I have managed to adjust our portions so that we use up all our groceries and eat our leftovers before things go bad. For someone who hates letting things go to waste, that's a really great feeling! 








Now, if I can only get Hayden to branch out too!









No comments:

Post a Comment