I'm excited for this break because Grandma and Grandpa are coming next week! I have our entire 6 weeks mapped out on a calendar - long trips, day trips, things to see and do. We haven't seen them since Beckham was born so it is a real treat for us all. It's their first time abroad in about 40 years. I hope they are more excited than anxious about the trip and will enjoy exploring the culture as much as we have.
Hayden's teacher gave me an enormous envelope of artwork yesterday! It was so big, I could barely manage it, the stroller and the umbrella as I walked back to the car. It's so much fun to see all their art projects and the teachers also send home their learning workbook, which includes various activities and songs that they learn in English and French.
We have also been doing our own art projects at home, in preparation for Easter. Hayden's now at the age when he can understand a bit more about why we celebrate Easter. We'll still do our egg hunt, but we're adding some Jesus stories in to teach him about His sacrifice for us. We've also been reading to him from the bible each night and he has really been enjoying it.
Sadly, Beckham has been under the weather this week. It started as a fever but then progressed to a raspy cough. It's the first time that he's seemed really bothered and we have had two restless nights. Thankfully, big brother is around to take care of him!
Beckham has started to go from crawling to a seated position. It adds another layer of nervousness whenever I put him down to go do something. Hayden, however, thinks it's great and exclaimed several times this week, "Mom, come quick, Beckham is sitting all by himself!"
Today, Beckham crawled over to me and tried to pull himself up by grabbing onto my legs! I really do hope this boy slows down. I'm not ready for a walker yet!





No comments:
Post a Comment